Tuesday, August 07, 2007

From Santa Fe to Seattle

Here I am. After a heart-rending adventure last night with Twitch not coming in, the moon bright, and the coyotes howling and ripping through the arroyo like the Hounds of Hell, and Twitch still not around in the morning, I was quite tired and weepy. I did not sleep after 3 am - I lept from the bed twice and ran out to the deck with my heart pounding. Dave our builder shared his horror story of his beloved cat being taken off by a huge owl.



I prayed and visualized and tried to be philosophical, since the morning newspaper had several stories of human tragedy, but still I was torn between holding out for hope but trying to be realistic. And then - a rattling in the closet in my office. I opened the door and there was a black furry thing who was slightly annoyed and certainly bemused by being covered with kisses. Thank good ness she was found before she was reduced to a skeleton in my closet, since R. does not hear reliably and might never have found her while I was in Seattle.I could leave with a light heart!

No comments: