Monday, August 08, 2011

Bartholomew

Eight years ago today Bartholomew took his leap into Grace. I have worried that this day would be very painful for me. I think of Bartzy every day, but anniversaries have a special punch to them. I lit a candle (not a Jahrzeit candle but a bigger one), and to my astonishment, every time I catch a glimpse of it, I feel joy thinking of Bart.

Just now I came away from seeing a neighbor who has been battling cancer (again) for the last year. Just a month ago she was "given" about a month to live, Chemo was doing nothing for her but tearing her down. Three weeks ago she started going to a doctor of Chinese medicine. Her well-being and stamina took a 180 degree turn in two days.

Somehow it all seems woven together. Keep walking on water with eyes fixed on Jesus.

No comments: