Sunday, August 28, 2011

Basil pesto

My friends Jan & Bob had a surfeit of basil and brought a a whole bag to our eucharistic community this morning. I made off with most of it! I am busy stripping off the leaves to a heady aroma wafting up. Pesto was one of Bartzy's favorites. I know he is occupied with the delights and challenges of the spiritual world, and yet it is my hope that this evocative aroma reaches him and reminds him of the love we send. In the meantime I plan to freeze some of the pesto for his brother and sister.
Here is the recipe I am jumping off from - using walnuts instead of pine nuts for their Omega 3"s (???) Oh drat, it didn't work. Google "basil pesto walnuts". There is a conspiracy afoot at google, I fear. I am having to do fancy tricks (for me) to bypass the school's google account. Zounds!

No comments: