Friday, August 06, 2010

A Year Gone By

I have just recently finished reading the book Julie/Julia and suddenly realized that I have not written in my own blog for a very long time. When I returned, I saw that the last entry was on the 6th anniversary of Bartholomew's "crossing the threshold" last year. On Sunday in two days is the 7th anniversary.

It is even now too private to write about very much except that there a memories that are very painful and poignant as well as those which remind me how proud I am of Bartzy.As long as I can keep thinking of him in the Spirit World and not plague myself with regrets, I can keep going.

Now two days have gone by, and it is the anniversary. I have talked with Bart's brother and sister - this day is in some ways no different than any other. I think we all think about him, miss him, deeply, but it is an underground stream that emerges onto the surface here and there at unexpected times.

I did not find a plant like I did before - the nursery I went to was unexpectedly closed. So, at the other nursery, Ricardo bought a peach tree and I bought a stinging nettle. A stinging nettle may hurt you, but it is supposedly outstandingly healthy. Well, maybe that is appropriate.

No comments: